What do you mean by building technology to students - National Association of Building Students (NAOBS)

Latest

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

What do you mean by building technology to students



When I mention the term ‘building technology,’ I’m not referring to information technology in buildings, the software used to design them, or even new technologies in building systems.

I am talking about ‘building’ and ‘technology’ in terms of their most basic, stripped-down, Merriam Webster definitions: “The art or business of assembling materials into a structure” and “practical application of knowledge especially in a particular area; a manner of accomplishing a task especially using technical processes, methods, or knowledge.” In other words, when I use this term, I mean ‘knowledge of the technical processes and methods of assembling buildings.’

No comments:

Post a Comment